Monday 21 June 2010

Cover work for Monday 21st June

Apologies but I can't make it in today.

I'd like you to continue/begin preparation for the short presentation to be delivered on Monday.

You need to select a film that has a website, poster and trailer you can access.

There are links on this blog that you can use if you can't find a film of your own.

I'd like you to make notes under the following headings:

Genre - what's the genre of the film and how do the poster, trailer and website indicate this?

Narrative - what do you think the story of the film might be based on the trailer, website and poster? What clues are you given?

Audience - what indicates the likely audience for your chosen film?

How are the characters represented in the website, poster and trailer?

More generally I'd like you to look for connections between the three sides to the promotion of your chosen film. Think about the documentary we watched - think about consistency of messages - fonts - central images - how does your film work as a package?

I'll be back in on Wednesday and will see you then.

E-mail me any problems.

Mr Grogan