Monday 20 December 2010

Holiday Work - TV Drama for AML


Year 12 Xmas Holiday Work

You should complete the following essay on a television drama extract.
The extract is on my youtube site. Search for amlegg (you might have to look down the list a little). When you have found me look in my 'Favourites'. You will see a extract entitled:

prime ocr ext.avi

This is a 5 minute clip from the drama Primeval. This was the exam question last summer.
Watch the clip 4 times. Then write an essay for 45 minutes (plus any additional extra time). Do not just stop after the time; complete the essay but mark the time code in the margin.

The QUESTION:

How is the representation of gender constructed in the extract? You should pay close attention to the following areas:
  1. Camera angle, movement and positioning
  2. Editing
  3. Mise-en-scene
  4. Sound
Instructions
  • 1st viewing : no notes
  • 2nd viewing: you may make notes
  • longer break of 2 minutes
  • 3 viewing : you may make notes
  • break of about 1 minute
  • 4th viewing: you may make notes
Remember the lessons learned from the previous task. Please email me the essays or hand them in on Tuesday 11th January in the lesson. Any questions you can email me - I will check my messages regularly.
Have a good holiday!