Tuesday 5 May 2009

Year 12 Media Studies Work

The most important thing I need you to do is e-mail the passwords to your e-mail accounts so I can upload your films and preliminary tasks from home into your blogs.

You can already view your films here and your preliminary tasks by searching within You Tube for “alleyn’s media” (use the speech marks to define your search) and my surname. If you can’t find anything then e-mail me and I’ll supply you with the link.

1. Finish watching The Film Industry programmes on your DVD on Production through to Piracy: the End of Cinema. Answer the questions on the sheets already given to you and e-mail to my school address by Thursday.

2. Finish reading the booklets on all different aspects of the Film Industry. E-mail me if you don’t have them at home and I can send you new copies via e-mail.

3. Once you’ve done that attempt the essay question below, remembering to provide plenty of specific examples. Complete this essay inside 60 minutes and have your notes with you. The next essay I set will be a mock where you shouldn’t have any notes and needs to be done within 45 minutes.

Essay:

Discuss the ways in which media institutions and audiences have been affected by the increase in digital proliferation, within a media area, which you have studied.

Candidates must choose to focus on one of the following media areas though you may make reference to other media where relevant to your answer.

• Film
• Music
• Newspapers
• Radio
• Magazines
• Video games

[50 marks]